A short summary of our project
The members of Brunel University Lacrosse Club are starting a challenge called Burpees for BLM which will take place over a 4-day period. Our aim is to do 2000 burpees with the aim to raise £350 for the charity ‘Show Racism the Red Card’ in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement and the Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic Community. This is a leading educational anti-racism charity based in the UK, providing focused workshops, training sessions, multimedia packages and more. This will spread the message and help tackle the huge problem of racism in the UK. To help the cause please donate to our fundraising page, link in the bio, to support the club with this battle for justice and peace.
1. Set a burpee goal and film yourself doing it.
2. Donate what you can.
3. Nominate a teammate.
We are Brunel University Lacrosse Club and we feel it is important to get involved and show our support by joining the ongoing fight against systemic injustice in order to move towards freedom and peace in the UK. We will be doing this by supporting 'Show Racism The Red Card' which will educate our communities and hopefully, in turn, our whole society. We aim to have an inclusive and welcoming environment for all our members, regardless of ethnicity or race. This fight against modern racism is on a global scale but we hope to help by tackling these issues that can be apparent in sports communities by educating ourselves as much as possible.
Where will the money go?
- Our chosen charity is 'Show Racism the Red Card'.
- All the money you donate will do directly to the charity.
- We are aiming for £350 but if this is exceeded that will also go towards the charity.
- We will be giving updates daily on our progress with amount raised and burpees completed.
- During the challenge we will be announcing the top 3 burpee scorers of the day.
- There will also be "Most Creative Burpee" award - Go wild!
Help us succeed!
- Please get as many people in the club to try the challenge. You can definitely do it more than once!
- Get your family and friends to join in for moral support.
- See if your family and friends would challenge you in exchange for them to donate.
- Anyone can donate but only Brulax Burpees count towards our final burpee count!
- If you can't donate then please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this change happen.